This website is operated by BBC Magazines Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 6189487 and have our registered office at Woodlands, 80 Wood Lane, London, W12 0TT. Our VAT number is 333289454.
2. If you do not accept these Terms please do not access and/or use this Site.
3. BBC Magazines Limited (we or us) may change the Terms at any time by updating this webpage. Please review the Terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes. Your continued access to and/or use of the Site after changes have been made to the Terms indicates your agreement to be legally bound by the updated and/or amended Terms.
Use of this Site
4. You agree to use the Site for lawful purposes only and in a way that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit any person’s use and enjoyment of the Site and in compliance at all times with these Terms and with all laws and regulations that apply.
5. You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any content on this Site.
6. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site (including without limitation forums or communities) or to our entire Site to those users who have registered with us. If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
7. If you are under 18, please get your parent’s or guardian’s permission before using any interactive features of this Site, such as transmitting or uploading any content onto the Site. For your own protection, we recommend that you do not reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else, including your telephone number, home address or email address.
8. The Site is maintained, controlled and operated by us from our facilities in the United Kingdom and we make no representation that any of the content on it is appropriate or available for use in other territories. If you use the Site from outside the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws and regulations.
Intellectual Property Rights
9. All information, data, text, documents, graphics, logos, designs, images, pictures, photographs, videos, podcasts, weblogs, software, interactive features, advertisements or other content, services or materials (or any part of them) accessible on this Site (Materials) are protected by copyright, trade marks, database rights and other intellectual property rights and are owned by or licensed to the BBC and/or BBC Magazines Limited or are otherwise used by us as permitted by applicable law or regulation. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any licence or right to use the Materials other than as expressly permitted in these Terms or on the Site.
10. Except as specifically permitted on the Site, you undertake not to copy, store in any medium (including on any other website), distribute, transmit, re-transmit, re-publish, broadcast, modify, or show in public any part of this Site without our prior written permission (and the prior written consent of the owner of the relevant intellectual property rights as and if applicable) in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
Reliance on Information on this Site
11. Information published on this Site is intended solely for the purpose of providing general information and is not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We do not warrant that any Materials are accurate or free from error and disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any content on this Site by any visitor to this Site or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
12. You acknowledge that when using the Site you may be exposed to Materials from a variety of sources and that we are not responsible for the content, truth, accuracy, usefulness or safety of such Materials.
13. We aim to update the Site regularly and may change the content at any time. We may suspend access to the Site, or close it indefinitely at any time at our sole discretion. The Materials may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update them. In particular, any ratecards and example advertising contract terms posted on the Site are subject to change at any time without notice and are not binding on any party unless they are expressly incorporated into a fully executed advertising contract.
Warranties and Disclaimer
14. The Site is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis without any representation or endorsement of any kind. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, conditions and other Terms of any kind, express or implied, in connection with the Site and your use of the Site (including, without limitation, as to satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy).
15. We do not warrant that the functions contained in any Materials on this Site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that this Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
Limitation of Liability
16. Your use of the Site and the Materials is entirely at your own risk.
17. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we, other members of the BBC group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude any liability for any direct, indirect, consequential, special or exemplary loss or damage (whether such losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise) arising from, out of or in connection with the use of the Site, including without limitation: (a) injury and/or damage to persons or property as a result of any statement, including any actual or alleged defamatory statement; (b) losses suffered by any third party, including infringement of any intellectual property or privacy rights; (c) loss of data; (d) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (e) loss of business or contracts; (f) loss of opportunity; (g) loss of anticipated savings; (h) wasted management or office time; or (i) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation.
18. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable laws or regulations.
19. We shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms caused by circumstances beyond our control.
20. You agree to indemnify us and any of our officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers and operational service providers on demand against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses suffered or reasonably incurred by us as a result of, or in connection with, your access to and use of the Site other than in accordance with these Terms or any applicable law or regulation.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
21. You must not misuse the Site by introducing, transmitting or arranging the sending of any viruses, corrupt file, cancelbot, Trojan horse, worm, time or logic bomb, keystroke logger, spyware, adware or other material designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or interfere with, wrongly intercept or expropriate any data or personal information. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which it is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service, distributed denial-of service or other type of attack.
22. Any breach of this provision constitutes a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
23. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site, your downloading of any Materials on the Site or on any materials on any other website linked to it.
Links to and from the Site
Linking from the Site
24. We have no control over the content or availability of third party sites that you may access through this Site and such links are provided for your information only. If you visit any linked site, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements.
25. We do not endorse and are not responsible or liable (directly or indirectly) for any content, advertising, products, services, views expressed or information on or available from third party websites (including without limitation payment for and delivery of any products or services) or for any damage, loss or offence caused by or in connection with your access to and use of such third party sites and any available services. Any Terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with any dealings on any third party sites are solely between you and the relevant provider of that site and/or any relevant service.
Linking to the Site
26. You may link to the Site home page provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in any way that suggests any form of association, representation, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Links to this Site do not imply that we endorse, are affiliated with or are associated with any linked site or that any linked site is authorised to use any of our trade marks, trade names, brands, logos or copyright symbols or those of any of our affiliates or licensors.
27. The Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the home page unless you have our prior written consent. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must not contain offensive, unlawful or irrelevant content.
Advertising and Sponsorship
28. Parts of or the entire Site may from time to time contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that any materials submitted for inclusion on the Site comply with relevant laws, regulations and codes and these Terms. We shall not be responsible for any error or inaccuracy in such advertising or sponsorship materials.
29. From time to time certain software which is our protected work or the protected work of our suppliers may be made available to download from this Site. You are licensed to use the software on a non-exclusive basis only for the purposes for which it is indicated. You may not use the software for any other purpose and may not redistribute, sell, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise deal with the software.
Order of Precedence
31. If there is any conflict between these Terms and any specific terms appearing elsewhere on the Site relating to specific material, then the latter shall prevail.
32. If any of these Terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and the remaining Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
33. The Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
34. Any disputes arising from or related to the Site shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales in London.