IMMEDIATE MEDIA DELIVERS STRONG ABC RESULTS AND GROWS NEWSSTAND REVENUES
2 years ago
15 February 2018: Immediate Media Co, the special interest content and platform company, has posted a combined print and digital circulation of 2,130,656 up 29% period-on-period and down 0.5% year-on-year, for titles reporting July to December 2017.
The company has also recorded a 1.1% growth in Retail Sales Value (RSV) year-on-year to £122.59m.
- Immediate’s ABC-audited print circulation is 2,073,529 – up 26.4% period-on-period and down 0.6% year-on-year
- Immediate’s ABC-audited digital circulation also continues to rise, reporting a total circulation of 57,127, up 3.6% year-on-year.
- With a total audience of 1.17 million subscribers, the company remains the leading magazine publishing company for subscriptions. *
Tom Bureau, CEO of Immediate Media, says: “Immediate’s focus on special interest brands and high quality content continues to pay dividends. Our market-leading print brands continue to perform well and drive revenue growth on the newsstand and in subscriptions.
Alongside our growth in print, we are making significant investments in our digital platforms where TV shopping, digital marketplaces, e-commerce, live events and innovative subscription models are transforming our business model as we develop our multi-platform strategy. Immediate now reaches over 22million consumers a month.”
Highlights for the ABC period July-December 2017:
- Radio Times remains the UK’s biggest-selling quality magazine, with a weekly combined ABC of 631,960, up 1.5% period-on-period. It retains its position as the most valuable brand on the UK newsstand, generating £52.4m in Retail Sales Value in 2017, a 34.9% share of the total TV listings market RSV at newsstand.
Radio Times is also the UK’s biggest weekly subscription brand, with 267,622 weekly subscribers. RadioTimes.com continues to attract new readers to the brand, with a record-breaking 11.8 million unique visitors in January 2018.
- BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine has had another strong performance, with a combined ABC of 175,947, up 0.1% year on year. In addition to continued success on Subscriptions, with 1 in 3 subscribers highly engaged with Secret Garden – the exclusive Subscriber Club area of gardenersworld.com, BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine continues to attract new readers and has delivered UK newsstand sales growth of +16% year-on-year this period.
- Immediate is once again the number one publisher in the Children’s market, reflecting the strength of its titles and breadth of portfolio. It posts a combined ABC circulation of 824,555, up 12.1% year-on-year and 4.6% period-on-period.
- Immediate’s LEGO titles have had a particularly strong ABC performance, with Nexo Knights posting an ABC of 54,350 up 2.3% year-on-year and Lego Ninjago up 6.5% year-on-year to an ABC figure of 79,767 and Lego Friends recording a 14.1% increase year-on-year to 43,877.