Immediate Media Company Limited (‘Immediate’ or ‘we’) is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using our websites and applications (our ‘services’). Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998.
- TYPES INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOUR INFORMATION
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHER PEOPLE
- YOUR RIGHTS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
Please note that our services may contain links to websites or apps that are owned and operated by third parties. These websites and apps will have their own privacy policies that govern the collection and use of your personal information which you should review. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third party websites so your use of such websites is at your own risk.
Types of information we may collect about you
When you sign up to our services, such as our website forums, mobile applications, regular newsletters, enter competitions, buy a magazine subscription, order products or take up a reader offer we may ask for personal information about you. This can include information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different services may ask for different types of information.
If you are aged 16 or under, you must get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide us with your personal information. Unless you have this consent you are not allowed to give us your information.
Here is some more specific detail about the information we may collect:
- Information you give to us: information that you provide by filling in forms on our services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use an app or website, subscribing to any services, posting material, filling in a survey or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our services.
- Information about the device you are using: if you download one of our apps we may collect information about the device you use to access the app, including, where available, the device’s unique identifiers, operating system, browser type and mobile network information as well as the device’s telephone number, for system administration and to report statistical information to our advertisers.
- Information about your use of our app: We may also collect information about your use of the app such as what pages you look at and what elements you tap or pages you interact with.
- Information about your location: when you use one of our location-enabled services, we may collect information about your actual location but we will always ask you about this first. You can change your mind at any time by updating your preferences on your device.
- Information about transactions: if you purchase something from us such as a magazine subscription or an app, we will make a record of the details of that transaction.
- Contact information: if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
How we look after your information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (this includes the EU, Iceland, Norway and Lichtenstein). Your information will be processed by staff where it is necessary to fulfil an order, process payment details or provide you with other support services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its security and when giving us your information you do so at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will hold your information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. If you change your registration profile to opt-out of receiving communications from us, your record will stay on the system so we can ensure that we do not contact you in the future. If you wish to cancel your registration with any of Immediate’s websites, you may do so by contacting us using the details available in the ‘Contact Us’ section of the website or by emailing email@example.com.
How we use your information
We will use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to send you carefully selected special offers and promotions from the service you are using/title you have purchased and from Immediate Media Company Group by email, post, telephone, SMS or push notification (where applicable and permitted by the app store you use). You can opt-out of these marketing messages at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your full name, user name (if applicable) postcode, details of the service you are using and/or magazine subscription information. Please note that it may take up to two weeks to implement this change in your preferences. You will always be given a straightforward way to opt out of our marketing messages each time you receive a communication from us.
- we may use your IP address to identify your location, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use;
- if we need to contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance;
- to tell you about changes to our service;
- to contact you about a submission or contribution you have made to our websites, message boards or magazines, including any content you provide;
- to personalise or improve the way our content and advertising is presented to you online:
- to analyse and improve the services we offer e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience or the most relevant information;
- to manage our competitions and contact the winners;
- to meet product orders, requests for services or information and to process payments and any other requests you make of us;
- to keep our records up to date;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary);
- to enable other people or businesses to carry out work on our behalf;
- where you have given us your permission, to pass your information to carefully selected organisations to allow them to tell you about their special offers or products and services that may be of interest to you.
- to ensure that any advertising you see is relevant to you. Please see our Cookies Policy for more information about this; and we may use third-party advertising companies to collect data and/or serve ads when you visit our websites or mobile apps. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites or mobile apps in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, visit http://networkadvertising.org/.
Sharing your information with others
Generally, we will only use your information within the Immediate Media Company group of companies in order to provide the service/product you have requested.
We will only disclose your information to third parties (including Immediate Media Company group companies and other trusted companies) with your consent or where we need to do so in order to provide a service you have requested or improve the service and advertising that your receive (on both our websites and apps, and third party websites and apps). We will also disclose your information to third parties when the disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Please note that if you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on our services, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour, we may use your information to stop such behaviour. In this instance we may use your information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
We require all third parties with whom we share your information to treat it with the same protection we do. Unless you consent we also require that they do not use your information for their own business purposes.
Your rights and further information
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We charge £10 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
The Company Secretary, Vineyard House, 44 Brook Green, Hammersmith, London, W6 7BT, United Kingdom
Tel: +44(0)20 7150 5000
Last updated: April 2015