IMMEDIATE MEDIA CO’S POSTS STRONG ABC RESULTS AND GROWS NEWSSTAND REVENUES
4 years ago
16th August 2018: Immediate Media Co, the special interest content and platform company, has posted a combined ABC audited print and digital circulation of 1,592,137 for titles reporting in the period January-June 2018.
Standout performances include a second consecutive year of growth for BBC Gardeners’ World magazine, including its May issue which is the only single-issue monthly magazine to generate over £1m in Retail Sales Value in the last three years; and Immediate’sPre-school portfolio has reported an 8.3% growth year-on-year.
Immediate has also recorded a 1.5% growth in RSV year-on-year to £122m and continues to be the UK’s leading magazine publisher in terms of subscribers, with 1.1m active subscribers*.
Tom Bureau, CEO of Immediate Media, says: “This is another strong set of results from Immediate, which has seen our portfolio of brands continue to outperform the market. Radio Times and BBC Gardeners’ World magazine have the largest reach of any weekly and general interest monthly magazines in the UK and our market-leading Youth & Children portfolio continues to perform strongly demonstrating the enduring power of print.
We’re also continuing to invest in our digital and ecommerce propositions as our brands further grow their reach across all platforms, Immediate’s brands now reach 22million consumers a month.”
Highlights for the ABC period Jan-June 2018:
BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine
- BBC Gardeners’ World magazine’s circulation is up 18.5% period-on-period and 0.1% annually, its second consecutive year of growth with a monthly combined ABC of 208,453.
- The title’s May issue, featuring its annual 2for1 Gardens to Visit card and guide, was highest-value single monthly UK consumer magazine of the last three years, and the only single monthly magazine issue to deliver more than £1m in RSV.
- BBC Gardeners’ World magazine has the highest monthly print readership amongst all general interest monthlies and the second highest reach across all platforms (PAMCo – June 2018).
- Radio Times remains the UK’s biggest-selling quality magazine, with a weekly print ABC of 577,087.
- Radio Times retains its position as the most valuable title on the UK newsstand.
- Radio Times is also the UK’s biggest weekly subscription title, with 271,237 subscribers, up 1.4% period on period.
- RadioTimes.com continues its rapid growth, with a record-breaking 13.8million unique users visiting the site in July.
- Radio Times has the highest monthly brand reach of all weekly magazines in the UK (PAMCo – June 2018).
Youth and Children
Immediate remains the number one publisher in the Children’s market, with a total ABC audited circulation of 780,194.
Immediate’s pre-school titles reported a growth of 8.3% on the year.
- CBeebies Special is up 12.2% year-on-year, reporting an ABC of 51,035
- Hey Duggee audited circulation rose by 9.4% year-on-year to 16,601
- Toybox reported a 13.6% increase year-on-year to 28,134
Other Immediate Youth & Children’s highlights include:
- Lego Special Series is up 4.5% year on year reporting an ABC of 60,295
- Girl Talk and Girl Talk Art have both recorded year-on-year growth, up 5.15% and 0.65% respectively, to 42,376 and 28,326
- Pokémon magazine is up 13% year-on-year with a circulation of 46,154
- Top of the Pops Magazine recorded a 7.5% increase year-on-year to 48,398
* Includes print and digital editions of Immediate Media Co brands and BBC Good Food Magazine/BBC Top Gear Magazine, published under contract for BBC Worldwide, plus titles not audited in this period.
About Immediate Media Co:
Immediate Media Co is the special interest content and platform company. Our fast-growing, multi-platform media business is home to over 1,300 people across eight divisions. We own and operate some of the best-loved brands in the UK. And we only focus on special interest markets, engaging over 22 million passionate consumers each month, offering them world-class content and innovative new products and services – including ecommerce and TV shopping.
Immediate operates over 75 consumer brands and sell over 76 million magazines each year. With over 1.3 million active subscribers, our audiences are affluent and loyal to their favourite brands. And with more than 90 licensed editions globally, the universal appeal of our content and brands make us one of the largest licensors of magazine media brands in Europe.
Our wholly-owned brands include Radio Times, olive, Homes & Antiques, hitched, Cycling Plus, JewelleryMaker, Sewing Quarter, Bike Radar, MadeForMums, You&YourWedding and Mollie Makes. We publish BBC Top Gear, BBC Good Food, and BBC EasyCook on behalf of BBC Studios as well as BBC History, BBC Gardeners’ World, BBC Focus and the CBeebies portfolio, under licence. Immediate also publishes Lonely Planet Traveller magazine for LPGL.
Immediate was named Media Company of the Year at the 2015 British Media Awards and Digital Publisher of the Year at the AOP Awards 2017.
Follow us on Twitter @Immediate_Media